Saturday 24 January 2015

My First Job Abroad

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13530285/?claim=6x5qxdwccvy">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>




October 22nd 2012. The day I left my home in the middle of the night unsure what would happen next or what to expect... However all during the flight I felt excited and somewhat peaceful and calm! Occasionally if the thought of me bring sold for body parts or any other dramatic thought which popped into my imagination I simply did not let it. There was a voice in my head telling me everything will be ok...



My first job abroad was a Kids Rep or Children's entertainer. I was solely in charge and responsible for a Children's Club inside a 5* Hotel. WHAT?
I had no idea about children, I felt like I was the child not the other way around. However, it turned out to be the best experience of my life. I was a natural, I clicked with every child which came through my door and made it feel like a fun, homely and loving place for them to come. I met thousands of children and helped to make their holiday as fun as possible.
I also learned a lot about myself and my capabilities. Due to working under pressure of strict management and high expectations I learned how to come out of my shell. I performed dance and comedy evening's on stage, I talked on a microphone during mini-disco and I learned to approach any person and start a conversation without fear. All of these things did not come natural to me and took a long time to get used to! I literally look back now and laugh so much.

The best part of the job was meeting people, like me, working abroad and sharing a life with. I had different room mates throughout my 15 months working in the company and various people left and joined the team however there were a few I simply clicked with and will remain friends with forever. They were friends through thick and thin! Through every "punishment" and every laugh and every early morning/late night we stuck together!



My first job in Egypt was demanding, tiring, fun, crazy and the best job to start any career as it indeed gives you skills which you will take with you through all parts of your life.

If there is anyone considering or maybe wishing they could work abroad, I would advise you to just do it. There is nothing stopping you and you will never regret it. You will be tired, homesick, angry, you will meet people you clash with, you will be pushed to your limit however it will all make you a greater person and provide you with some great memories to look back on!



Good Luck!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment